Personally, I find this extension for DW MX very useful when working in design view. Using it, you can Show/Hide different elements in the document.
All the options are available in DW menus but I noticed that:
- They're in different menus, so sometimes it's hard to remember where they are located and their use is not very accesible.
- You couldn't know whether you had them enabled until you checked it in the menu.
Well, now all of them are in just one toolbar: You can define, with just one click, up to 16 different options. See the image below:
- You can set if Code View should be above or under Design View in Split Mode.
- Show/hide rulers.
- Show/hide Grid
- Show/hide your Tracing Image
- Show/hide Head Content
- Show/hide Noscript Content
- Show/hide Invisible Elements
- Show/hide Table Borders
- Show/hide Layer Borders
- Show/hide Frame Borders
- Show/hide Image Maps
- Show/hide Line Numbers
- Enable/disable Line Wraps
- Enable/disable Code Indent
- Enable/Disable Code Coloring
- Highlight Invalid HTML Code
The buttons will be disabled when they can not be used: For example, buttons 12-16 won't be available if your cursor is in the design window, or the "Show/Hide Tracing Image" button will be enabled only if you have defined one for the document.
Also, the buttons will remain pressed when the option is selected, eg if you have selected "Show Layer Borders". Until now, you had to check the menus to see it.
As all the DW Toolbars, you can dock it to the other ones.
To use it, simply select "View->Toolbars->Visual Aids"
Click here to download current version (1.1.0)